The Coi Leray braids are some of the most popular braids in the world. The Coi Leray braids give a natural look that is both sophisticated and classy. These braids can be styled easily and allow you to make any type of updo hairstyle that you desire.
The beautiful Coi Leray Braids are named after American female rapper “Coi Leray”. She is best known for her songs “Huddy”, “Big Purr” and “No More Parties”. The name Coi Leray Braids was created in 2020, when she made her debut appearance in her music video “Huddy”. Her hairstyle became a huge trend on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
What are Coi Leray Braids?
Coi Leray braids, also known as knotless box braids, are one of the latest trends in the world of braiding hairstyles. They’re named after a young rapper who is usually spotted with these gorgeous curly-ended, jumbo knotless braids. This style boasts a head full of neat and stylish braids that are not only easy to wear but also look quite chic. Plus, they don’t come with the usual problems associated with traditional knotless box braids like hair breakage or tension headaches. So, if you’re looking for an edgy protective hairstyle, Coi Leray braids might just be what you need!
This style can be done on any hair length, but it is most commonly seen on medium to long hair.
How to do Coi Leray Braids
What supplies do I need for Coi Leray braids?
- Rat Tail Comb
- Shine Product
- Rubber Bands
- Perm Rods
- Hot Water & Towel
Steps for Coi Leray Braids
- Make sure your hair is clean and dry before starting.
- Separate your hair into sections from the back to the front.
- To section your hair, you will need a rat tail comb and some kind of shine product (mousse or gel). A rat tail comb can be helpful when it comes to sectioning the hair. A good idea is to divide it into thick sections, namely side-to-side and top-to-bottom. When deciding how many sections to use, think about whether you would like a more braid-heavy or a more wispy look.
- Spray a small amount of shine product at the roots of your hair and work it through with a comb. This step helps tidy hair and get rid of any flyaways.
- Start braiding your hair in a knotless braid and gradually add the braiding hair. Once you have braided to your desired length, secure the end with rubber bands and leave a small section of hair loose at either end. Keep braiding until you are happy with the number of braids on your head.
- To curl hair with perm rods, start by wrapping hair at the end around the rod and dip it into hot water for 20-30 seconds. To dry your hair, wrap it with a towel and then comb through with some styling mousse to hold the braids in place.
- Lay the edges of your hair out and remove the perm rods from your hair. The braid should be large without any knots, with spiraling curls at the end.
Coi Leray Inspired Braided Hairstyles
Large Coi Leray Braids
If you want to try something different with your Coi Leray braids, consider making them large in size.
Coi Leray Box Braids
This is a variation of the classic Coi Leray style and can be achieved with box braids.
Coi Leray Knotless Braids
This style is achieved by doing regular Coi Leray braids, but leaving out the knotting process.
Jumbo Coi Leray Braids
This style is for those who want something different, bigger, and more vibrant.
Small Coi Leray Braids
If you want to go for a more subtle look, consider opting for small Coi Leray braids.
Long Coi Leray Braids
Try adding some length to your Coi Leray braids by sporting them down your back.
Short Coi Leray Braids
If you want to keep your hair short and yet rock the Coi Leray style, go for thinner braids.
Blonde Coi Leray Braids
For a softer and more colorful appearance, go for blonde highlights on Coi Leray braids.
Blue Coi Leray Braids
If you are looking for a way to change up your Coi Leray style, consider adding a pop of color with blue braids.
Red Coi Leray Braids
If you want to add some edge to your Coi Leray braids, why not go for red hair instead of black? Red is a striking color that will make a bold statement, and it will also make your braids stand out.
Curly Coi Leray Braids
If you want to add a bit of spice to your Coi Leray braids, add some curls.
Coi Leray Braids With Curly Ends
Another way to style the Coi Leray braids is to add curly ends.
Coi Leray Braids With Beads
Adding beads to your Coi Leray braids will give them a more glamorous look.